- 1 chocolate cake mix + water, oil, eggs as listed on the box
- 14.5 oz can sweeten condensed milk
- 12.8 oz jar Hershey’s Special Hot Fudge Sauce
- 10 oz package Keebler Fudge Mint Cookies (or Thin Mints, when in season)
- 16 oz container cool whip (I like lite)
- 1 Duncan Hines Mint flavor packet
- 1 cup Andes Mint chips
Prepare and bake the cake mix in a 9×13 baking dish. Allow cooling completely.
Use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes evenly across the entire cake (about 20 holes). Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake, trying to fill the holes.
Heat the hot fudge sauce in a small bowl in the microwave. 30-40 seconds should do the trick, you just want it to soften a little.
Crumble half of the fudge mint cookies into the hot fudge sauce and mix. Spread the cookie/fudge sauce over the cake.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mint packet and the cool whip. Spread the whipped topping over the fudge layer.
Crumble the remaining cookie crumbs over top of the cool whip. Sprinkle the Andes Mint chips over top.
Refrigerate and chill for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).